View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I am a total toss up on this. I so enjoy piecing and seeing how all those little bits of fabric come together into a beautiful quilt top. But to me, quilting makes the quilt!. I enjoy having a quilt all sandwiched together for me to do hand work while I sit with DH and watch TV. And like Ninnie, I love to see how it progresses and really comes to life as I progress. I use a lap hoop. I don't mind binding at all. I do hate the sandwiching/basting part though! And I dearly love my cats but hate picking all the cat hair off of my projects before each session. It seems a quilt in progress is the preferred sleeping spot of all cats. I can have a complete one on the couch but they much prefer the WIP. :roll: Also it takes me a really long time to handquilt a quilt. Guess I am really slow but on average it takes me a couple of years of sporadic off again on again quilting. I will usually work on it a couple of hours a night but not every night of the week. And often I will put it aside when life gets to hectic and not work on it for several weeks. So that may be why it takes me a couple of years to hand quilt a bedsize quilt. I have done smaller ones on my Bernina and want to expand try that fun and done method or another quilt as you go thing.
I would give my eyeteeth to have a long arm set up but that is a good 5 to 6 years of saving down the road.