Old 04-06-2013, 01:10 PM
jrhboxers

My uncle's only child reconnected with me a couple of years ago - DU died ten years ago. I posted a picture of a quilt that I made for a friend's grandbaby, and she said she didn't know that I was a quilter. I figured that since my grandmother taught me to quilt, and she passed away when cousin was little (4 or 5), I decided that she probably did need a quilt. My uncle and her mother had a very nasty divorce, and we had little contact with her after my grandmother died.
So when we were talking about the possibility of a quilt, I noticed that 'her' words were actually coming from her mom. She said that she would pay for the fabric and stuff - yeah right. So I found a pattern that I liked that wasn't really hard or anything, and told her what fabrics I needed. I thought when she saw how much the fabrics alone cost, she would change her mind. But no, she sent fabric. The only issue is that she sent THREE sets of fabric (the pattern called for a Layer Cake and a Jelly Roll). She said that she couldn't make up her mind.
Anyway, I sent her a wish list from the Fat Quarter Shop that listed all of the border and backing fabrics, along with the batting. I told her that when I get the rest of the fabrics, I can but her in line to be pieced. And I am having a friend LAQ them (at her expense of course). So, I figure in tribute to my grandmother, I can piece and bind a couple (ok, three) quilts for her youngest granddaughter. But she knows that there is no time frame and if it takes two years, it takes two years.