Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
so, something like margaritas would not be amiss? flip flops? ocean waves? jelly fish? could somebody please tell me what colors and how bright??? you know me, i will go all carnivale!!!
No jellyfish please, lol. Oh, the bad memories I have from childhood from jellyfish. I grew up in Jacksonville, FL. We always went to the north jetties to go to the beach right across from where the aircraft carriers docked at NAS Jax in Mayport. That side was really deep with only little kisses of waves tickling the shore, and the other side of the wall where the beach was was normal beach. People would walk out the seawall to fish all the time. On the other end of the beach is a point, then it comes back around to a small bay with gentle waves where the Intercoastal Waterway begins. It's calm enough that people used to windsurf in that area, but I think it's closed now. In the bay is where all the baby jellyfish live until they're big enough to deal with the bigger waves, but on the beach side is where all the big jellyfish live, stinging people like crazy all over. When they're ready to die, they wash up on the other side of the seawall on the deep side.

When I was a kid, mom's boyfriend's (at the time) daughter would go poke the dying ones with sticks and look at how their insides worked as they laid on the beach, happy that this was another one that couldn't sting us. During the time that they were in the other two areas, we were bored to death at the beach. Couldn't swim, couldn't ride waves, and the adults weren't driving all the way back home just because we couldn't play. When I got old enough to throw it, we would catch them in shrimp nets. I hated when that happened! You can't hardly get the suckers out.

OK, I stop rambling now. I think it's bedtime....