View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
kay carlson

I think organizing and/or reorganizing comes along naturally when we have a change of season. For me, the major project just completed was going through the home file cabinet, desk drawers, shelves, etc. I purged so many things as what we need to save today varies greatly with what we needed to keep a decade ago. I tossed messy file holders and used new ones. Insurance policies, instruction manuals, and individual health histories are neat and accessible.

Along the way, I have gone through piles of quilting ideas and patterns that I just HAD to print...... I was surprised at how few I've decided to keep. My quilt books and magazines need another examination, but that will have to wait until I feel like doing that.

I find organizing gives me peace of mind and more freedom to concentrate on the things I really want to do. To think I started this last purging by sorting and identifying electrical cords is a hoot! Most of the cords have been identified and the others we kept are in the "unknown" container. Cell phones, cameras, Kindles, laptops, radios, etc. and you end of up with cords from floor to ceiling.... Of course, that doesn't even factor in the sewing equipment!!

I hope those who are organizing their sewing rooms find their efforts are very productive and inspiring. It is always easier to take on these projects when you have support of your family and friends. We all know how demoralizing it can be when we are tackling a project and others do nothing to allow us the time and energy to work on that project.

Happy Spring