View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Sandy1951

I belong to a couple of other forums as well as this one and I often wonder how many members are truly active. When I joined QB, I actually went through the member listing and made a count of active members. It was simple to do since they're listed in order of number of posts. Having said that, I'm a little embarrassed to admit I don't remember how many that was. :oops:

I know I read the guideline/rules for most of the sections, if not all. However, I probably just skimmed the rules for some of them, especially those sections I wasn't particularly interested in at that time.

The QB is probably the strictest of the three forums I belong to. The moderators and administrator seem to monitor topics and posts closely. I like that there are very few nasty comments and when they do occur they're quickly deleted. Another forum I belong to used to be like that until several members begged and begged to have a "controversial" section because they insisted they were adults and able to handle disagreement. The administrators finally gave in and although there are often well thought out arguments and interesting threads, there's enough nastiness and name-calling to cause members to occasionally get mad and leave. I don't get mad when that happens, I just don't read them anymore. Life is too short to have to deal with mean and nasty people when you don't have to.

Anyway, I do appreciate QB and the administrator's insistence on keeping to the rules.