View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 AM
mustangquilts

Default I am going to do it!!!!!

I have used the third bedroom for a sewing room for 10 years. First it had a single bed in it than I moved that out. Our two sons live far away and we always travel to see them. Easier for us than it is for them to travel {each have three kids) to see us. I am going to take out the bed and furniture in the second bedroom and expand my sewing area. I am so excited. DH thinks its an awesome idea. When I brought it up to him last night he said " What took you so long to decide that?" If we have company we have a small guest house and a huge fifth wheel trailer for them to sleep in. I am going to put in a huge pressing table, design wall and have shelves to store everything. I going to have a top made to go over the pressing table so I can pin quilts on it. The pressing table will sit in the middle of the room so I can walk all the way around it. I work 7 days on and than have 7 days off. My first day off will be Wed. I have to get 4 quilts ready for a quilt show on Friday. So I will have most of Thursday to get working on this. We will get home Sunday night, so that leaves me with Mon-Wed. to get it finished. I hope by the time I go back to work Wed. night that I will have most of it done. Will post pictures when both rooms are done. I am so excited. DH said he would make a door between the two rooms, but I said no, I need the wall space and the walking will do me good. I will keep a small ironing board in the main sewing room to press seams as I sew. Thanks for letting me share my excitement. I want to start tonight when I get home, but know that will not happen.