Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 AM
J Carol

Thank you everyone for the many suggestions ~ my grandson has named the kitty "Comet" he says her markings are like a comet ~ she is a calico and has already let him sit and talk softly and pet her, she eats cat food so I think she isn't any older than 3 months. I have already contacted my vet and he said that as soon as I can get her in she should be checked for tape worm as if she has eaten mice while stray many mice carry the tape worm and can pass it on.

Every day since she has been with us she seems to be getting much calmer and really looks forward to grandson coming and talking and petting ~ grandson is 15 yrs old and very gentle with animals, he has made the kitten his project to tame her. When we moved into our home someone threw a yellow kitten out into our yard and we rescued him and he was with us for 12 yrs he mas a mancoon and what a cat ~ we think he thought he was a dog not a cat and was he ever a lovable cat. We miss him very much so maybe Comet will be just as thankful that we rescued her.