Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 AM
craftygater

Goo gone or Goof Off will both work and will not hurt the fabrics. I work in the paint dept at Lowes and when we get paint on anything including our clothing we use Goof Off or Krud Kutter to take it off. Just wash as normal when done. I would take a paper towel or old rag..soak it with Goof Off and press it to the spot for a minute or so to soften the glue. If you are not sure of color fastness test a small piece of fabric before applying. Then gently rub the spot. It might take several applications to get it all off. We also use Goof Off to remove price labels from things and it will take off the sticky from most things. I did find one thing that Goof Off will not remove the sticky from......Carpeting. I used the double stick carpet tape for a throw rug on my carpet. It left lines of sticky on the carpet. I used a good half large can of Goof Off on the rug and the sticky is still there. Rubbing Alcohol is another option but it didn't work on the carpet either. Not as bad but still there.
Any tape even painters tape has a time frame you need to follow in order to remove safely. Painters tape will have a time frame on the label that you should remove it. Usually 7-14 days. A few you can leave for up to 60 days.
The best way to mark fabric is with a piece of paper and straight or safety pin.

Last edited by craftygater; 04-07-2013 at 05:44 AM.