Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 AM
jodiemarlin

Let me clarify what I meant when I said it was "definitely not an Indian star" - I was looking at the whole machine example on the ISMACS site - http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...c_indian2.html
My machine isn't exactly like that machine, so I thought someone was saying my machine was exactly like that machine, not just the star.

I saw those videos on youtube when I started my search, but didn't buy my machine from him.

I would love to know more about this machine, that's why I posted here. It's a bit like genealogy - I would love to know it's real story, but is there a way to learn more about this specific machine?

I have more photos if anyone is interested.

If the original owner ordered the machine specifically with the star decal, (and I'm not saying they didn't) I have to wonder how they even knew it was an option. Information was sparse in those days, as opposed to today's internet world, and how would the buyer even know about options - but then maybe they saw a full Singer catalog or whatever.

I thought maybe the lack of reverse was unusual because my Featherweight has reverse and it's a 1936 model.

I'm enjoying all the thoughts and insights. That's why I posted here, to learn more.

Thanks!
Jodie