View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
JoanneS

I'm moving Thursday, and I've been packing my sewing room for 4 days! So far, 23 Banker's Boxes, and I'm not done. And I declared a moratorium on fabric buying! And this is my winter home. I found a couple UFOs I'd completely forgotten about. Now I have to decide if I REALLY want to finish them. Sigh. All this stuff will remain in boxes until we return in November and put in a floor to ceiling shelf system in the 'new' house. THAT will be fun! It's a big room - big enough that I'll have about 2/3s of it and DH's office will be the other 1/3. I like the idea of sharing a room part of the time - though he doesn't spend a lot of time at his desk. Otherwise, we only see each other in the evening.

My confession - I clearlyhaven't thrown scraps away for YEARS until the last 4 days. Nor have I used them. Amazing how easy it is to throw things away when you have to PACK them. I'm probably never going to make a string quilt, so I can throw all those leftover strips away. Am I ever going to make another watercolor quilt? Don't think so. I can throw all those 2" squares away. NOT! I think I'll save it all. I might use them...

I don't sew over pins, but sometimes my 1/4" seams are btw 1/4" and 1/8" - and I try to sew the little ones with a 1.0 stitch and pray they hold together. I prewash and use Color Catchers. Why? My 2nd quilt was red, white and blue, and I didn't prewash. A learning experience...

When I make quilts larger than lap size, I REALLY get tired of them before I finish! I'm finishing a bed size Log Cabin, and I'm really tired of it - the same seams over and over and over. Thank goodneww I'm paper piecing. or they would get sloppier and sloppier!