Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
DustysMomma

In Denmark, at the tiny little "beach" close to where my boyfriend's brother lives, when it's season for all the jellyfish to come to the shallows, it's no big deal. There's a little dock out into the water, and going out on it and climbing in is how everyone gets in & out. They just climb right in with them. The kids go out there with buckets and play in the water with them, scoop them up and pour them out on the dock so they can look at them, etc. These ones actually don't sting. It's the weirdest thing. The one time we were there during this, I refused to get in the water until I got so hot I couldn't stand it. Even then, I got went and got out because I felt so slimy from being touched by them that it skeeved me out. I don't think I've ever taken a shower that long there before trying to get that feeling out of my head.

Dusty's gone on his first trip to Atlanta today. OK, why is that a big deal? He's 20 and I'm still, in my head, thinking this is the first time he's going without an adult. I guess I should say he's gone for the first time without a parent...anyone's. I didn't drive in Atlanta until I was 25. The other girl he went with is actually driving, at least that's what I was told anyway. At least it's on a Sunday. Those people are still crazy, but there's not as many of them on the road then. Compared to Atlanta, we live in Mayberry though, and he's still had 2 accidents (the last one was about 15 months ago), which is why I haven't been willing to let him drive to Atlanta or in Atlanta.

OK, time to go get on my runner. I've been on the heating pad with my shoulder most of the day. Gotta get something productive in today!