Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Oh I love to listen to the chatter. Thanks for making me laugh--several times today.
DH and I went to a little informal Guernsey get together. We were the youngest there. As folks were from a ways away many of us hadn't seen each other for years. After the meal the men switched chairs and we each had our little corner. We laughed when the word "quilting" was bandied about. Of the 7 women only 2 did not quilt. I shared the FART acronym and they thought it hilarious. A fine afternoon of catching up and rediscovering why we hold onto some friendships.
Honchey I've tried side turning my machine but it felt awkward, but like QE mentioned my table space wouldn't support a quilt so maybe that's why it was uncomfortable.
Anael You have a NO MO Kitty
QE I may be wrong, but I think the Tiara and the S16 are designed for faster stitching and may be the reason for why the other BL didn't compare as well.
So QNS I just heard that pink calms you and offers a feeling of contentment. May be why you are "tickled pink". Hope your BF can get the Mg levels raised. I think we may find that it is a very important mineral to include in our diet.
Janie the picture of snow chilled me and makes me want a cup of hot chocolate! That storm is coming across the Dakota's and N MN--we may get some rain out of it. And farmers here are looking for a good rain to bring all the frost out so they can get in the fields ASAP. Looks like a late spring and a rush rush to get fields planted. A farm wife translation--no yard work help from the DH and be prepared to hop on the tractor at a moments notice.
GGal your quilts are beautiful. I like the Monet setting and can see it used with other fabrics as well--scrap KT's, florals, and oh those fun modern fabrics the young gals like to work with. But I really like the SASea. Just lovely--sigh. Oh and it's blue, too.
dublb--I chuckled at QNS's comment on TEXAS being another country. Word from the now wise. If you have dublb's name for MB--mail it like it was in a foreign land.. Thanks for letting me share it. Not only give it wings, but the sense to land in the right airport! Like Kitty's Circle denim quilt. Have always wanted to try one of those. It would be a great quilt to use with Gpa's shirts.
Carrie--thanks for sharing the 4P Posies. Your fabric selection for the side "bars" is spot on! Now need to get my dishes done--some have sat from last night so can't let them wait any longer.