Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I hope! I hope!! I hope that Miss April likes her block that I finished tonight!!!
You'd never believe how long it took me to choose fabrics ... and how many I pulled out and switched back and forth on, before I made my decisions and got quilting.

Honchey
... one reason to keep working!!! So I think you were sold on the Pfaff 4.0 because of the dual feed? but not so impressed on many of the other features? I think I am like you, if Janome had the S16, I'd be jumping pretty fast because I have such a good dealer. You're such a tease and having too much fun with your "mystery" ... just remember, it'll come back to you!

QNSue ... you just sent me on a "guilt trip"! When I moved ten years ago, I sold the sewing machine I learned on ... my Mom's old black Singer in a cabinet. No clue now as to what model. Now that I know more, I wish I had it ... though I am good at accepting that I made my decision and now I just live with it. Besides, I do really like the machine I have and know it does so much more than the old ones did! Great progress on your pansies ... forget? is this for you? or whom?

**making note** no pink for QNSue!

Anael
... oh dear! you must be terribly cramped. Are you using the gloves to help you get the grip? I use finger cots.

JeanieG ... now maybe if you'd put a pillow or some batting scraps into that pillow case, kitty would be even more enticed to that spot!

GGal ... beautiful quilts! The white in your Monet is so effective along with all the spring like colours. Low contrasts can still be lovely ... not everything has to be glaring contrasts! I like what you have made. And oh how special that wall hanging is with the SAS colours swapped to create the ♥. Neat! I bet you are working like a little trooper to get your quilt finished for the free backing! Huge Incentive!

DublB ... Good Luck with tomorrow's mail!!!

CarrieM ... Happy Easter!! My apologies to your Rottie! You know what? when I typed Dobe, I thought, no that's not it, and then convinced myself it was! So with archery wound up ... now what for your kids? Great progress on your 4PP project.

OKSGlad ... You bring back memories of Jersey gatherings for us. There never was the same camaraderie with our Holstein friends, and we were so surprised when we added the Jerseys as to the "family" feel of it all. You'll be emailing all the acronyms to your G friends. Any others going with you this summer? I think you've hit the nail on the head for the difference between the S16/Tiara and conventional DSMs. One nice thing is that you have a speed adjustment for consistency and you are not controlling it with the pedal. At least, I think that's a good thing? And even more memories with your spring translation! A year ago today seeds were going in the ground here. This year ... snow off most of the fields, but a long way from starting on the land. My lawn still has snow! And yes ITA we need the rain to warm up the soil.

JanRN ... jump in please and add to my comments to OKSGlad!

MiraB
... Good thing MrMiraB is on holidays, so he can be the man-servant for the quilters! Let me guess ... he went fishing today, to include on the menu! Oh I'm not stressing over the S16. I decided to just kind of let it sit for a few days and I'll have a clearer mindset as to what is right ... at least I think I will! For sure, I will go to the dealer and try the S16 and an 11" DSM back to back, for a comparison of the feel of it all. You're really whipping along with your MBs! Next thing will be that you have them all done.

JanieW ... gee thanks a lot ... weatherman tonight said snow predicted for Thursday!