Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 AM
soccertxi

There is a wonderful YouTube video by Jamie Wallen on machine tension. It will work for any machine. It really helped me tweek my machine and the confidence to try other threads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mRhcquZTM

I agree with AndiR. Takes ALOT of time! I took to freemotion quickly, but I have taken numerous online classes to gain skills and confidence. One of my ahHA moments was the suggestion of a white board. I have dried up many dry erase markers. Last time I doodled bees for a week before I would attempt one on fabric. I even have a small board that is for kids learning their letters. Lined on one side, plain white on the other. I take it with me everywhere when I am trying to learn a new shape. Don't put your elbow down: you are teaching your arm and shoulder the movement. If you put your elbow down, you are teaching your wrist and hand. I could not do a pantograph to save my LIFE for about 6 months. I needed good control of the machine to follow someone else's line. Do what feels best to YOU 1st, and add to that when you are ready. I have heard that a glass of wine and some music helps too!