View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
trupeach
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Chele
Go trupeach! If I'm ever stranded on an island, I want you with me!

Dora, do you have any rulers? Most of them can adapt to squaring up if you play with them. Let us know what you have and maybe we can walk you through the process. And put the 12-1/2" square ruler on your Christmas list. They're not too expensive if you use a coupon at Jo-Ann's. It will be an invaluable tool that you will use over and over.
Chele you wouldn't go hungry either. Last year most of the Cincinnati area was without electricity for about a week. Everyone ran out of gas for their grill and everything I mean everything was closed. Gas stations, supermarkets restaurants. I was NOT going not eat a descent meal. So I thought what is a gas stove nothing more then lots of little flames. I had a lot of votive candles so I made a little stove with 5 candles and I used a thin pan to cook it. The thiner the pan the quicker it would cook the food. The candles lasted 5 hours more then enought time to cook. I made chicken and rice then wanted desert so I made peach crisp with my little pan and candles. I cooked like that for 3 days. If it was that it was hot out I would have cooked in my fireplace which I have done before. So if you are stuck on island you will most likely come off of it weighing more then you did when you first got standed. LOL