View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 AM
sewsher

Red face Hi from Upstate NY!

So glad to have found you all! I'm a self taught quilter and have had a love of quilts for as long as I can remember! My Grandma was a very talented sewer of clothing, upholstery, curtains and such but never once had an interest in quilts so I set out to teach myself this wonderful craft! I've made many quilts for family and friends over the past 30 something years and was honored to place first in our county fair with my applique quilt! I'm a country gal who enjoys the simple things in life along with my husband and our fur babies in a little house that sits upon a country knoll not far from where I grew up. Crafting is my passion, quilting, rug hooking, cross-stitching, etc. but I also enjoy working in my flower gardens, reading stories of years gone by and local history authors. I really like the simple look of patchwork and scrappy quilts, currently working on a "rescue" quilt top from a dear friend in KS. She found it at a sale barn in the bottom of a box of other items for $1.00. The quilt was only partially together but had more blocks with it and I've been slowly stitching it into one piece. Not sure of the pattern name, it looks like an elongated "Grandmother's Flower Garden" type block. Some of the blocks were hand stitched and so I've continued in that effort with sewing the quilt together. Looking forward to getting to know all the wonderful talented quilters here and sharing ideas, patterns and the love of quilts with you all!