View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Jingle
Power Poster

I bought a Singer 328K brand new about 1963. It has no light switch nor do my newer machines - a Juki TL98QE - without the extension table and my Baby Lock Jane. My manual for the 328K looks much different from the one shown here. Mine has an old 1950s panel truck used for deliveries at that time a Singer Sewing Machine Shop. I'm not sure if they refer to it as a style-o-matic or not. I have about a million miles on it and the original belt is still in good condition and is not a plastic cogged belt. I have all the cams and everything else that it came with. I sewed clothes for myself and three kids plus pieced several quilts and made doll clothes. The kids got older and didn't want to wear homemade clothes. It is safe to say I used it for the better part of 30 years. It still works very well, only serviced about 3-4 times. Some was my fault. I kept it oiled and greased. I think the foot pedal was replaced because it would get hot. I paid $300.00 at least for it - not considered low end for that year. Today that would convert to over$ 2,000.00. I can't be exact until I find the receipt for it. I'm at work and not sure when I will remember to look for it. Not everything on the 'net is true and exact. Just my 2 cents worth.
Mine has a metal tag on the front saying "made in Great Britain"

Last edited by Jingle; 04-09-2013 at 09:46 AM.