View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
J Miller

Jingle,

Thanks for the review on the 328. I see nothing about this machine that would make me think it was a second line. The one I got was ... well not abused but not taken care of. By the rust and corrosion on it, and the decayed belt, I'd say it was stored in an environment hostile to the plastic the belt was made of, and near salt water.
The top and motor cover will be painted in the near future. The damaged paint on it even bugs me.

I've got it cleaned up and working now. The black V-belt is working well and unless it stretches should be no trouble.

I've started a Whacky Bag with it, and have been corralling all our flat cams to do a test pattern with it. So far it's working really good. I've got #s 1-31 and #37 so that about covers most of them I think.

I don't know what I'm going to do with this machine, I guess if I keep it I might put it in a treadle cabinet. It would full fill that task very well.

$300.00 new in 63 was a chunk of cash. Not a second line of merchandise at all to my way of thinking.

Joe