View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM
RavenLunaStitch

Oh yes, I have done it too. I think of it as a "blue tape" day because, believe it or not, on one project I kept rotary cutting in the wrong opening line of one of my June Taylor shape cut templates. Not just once, either. Doh! So I had to put blue painter's tape over BOTH lines on either side of the ONE line I needed to use to NOT keep making the same mistake over and over. Man, I do worry about my brain cells sometimes (I already know my eyesight is bad!).

In your situation I would just take a deep breath and do them over. I have found that it's not worth the aggravation to try to force mistakes to work. When one thing is "off" then everything else just gets worse from there. There is a definite "domino effect" at work on quilting measurements, both positive and negative! I usually use the extra blocks and unused (aka "messed up") blocks on the back for interest so they don't go to waste since they look fine but are just the wrong size or something that would not work with the design on the front.