View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
NikkiLu

Default I'm getting a Singer treadle!!!!!

Was at a family get-together with my 90yr old mother on Sat. and we saw an old Singer in a cutsie dress shop as a decoration and it made me think that many years ago, I learned to sew on a treadle. So, I asked my Mom what happened to that old machine - I just figured that it got traded in on a newer sewing machine or, horror, my dad was really into selling scrap metal at that time. I almost fainted when she said that it was still in her basement!!!!! Mind you - my bedroom was in that basement for years and I never saw it. She said something about plants being on it - so that would have to be in the unfinished part of the basement where the windows are. But, sadly, we could not go back to her house that day but she said I could have it next time we went to St. Louis )175 miles from here). We might have to make a detour on our way back home from Paducah in a couple of weeks. I cannot wait to see what it looks like, etc. She also said that she has several machines in cabinets upstairs in her breezeway that I can look at. She said that she will also ask my cousin what happened to my Aunt's machine - WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!