Thread: postage?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Ok! You took it to a convenience store. They charge extra for processing. I go straight to the post office or the website. I also have a postage scale. Pay with debit or credit, print the label out. If your kitchen scale is a little off find something that weighs a definite weight you can square up with or just print in a couple ounces more, pay, print and send. The "mail stores (convenience)" always charge a handling fee. I never go there. I recycle my boxes. You can turn them inside out and tape the inside and outside with clear shipping tape. I also write the to and from addresses on the outside and "tape over" them. Always use industrial permanent marker. Inside I have an envelope with the address it is suppose to go to, incase something happens to the box. I do pay extra for confirmation. I usually send "Priority mail" not that much more expensive and 2 days max. Just got my wacky web template from Missouri Star Quilt. they sent it priority. because of the holiday weekend it took a day longer. But still sent on Friday, rec'd on Tuesday.