Thread: Very Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Sierra

I know exactly what you mean about running into problems continually! What has really worked for me is having a quilter penpal. A couple of years ago I pm a person whose quilt she posted opened up some new ideas for me. She responded and we became "penpals". Our conversations go way beyond quilting, but when I run into a problem, be it finding a certain type of fabric, or how to....... whatever..... she often has an answer for me. I have another group I meet with each month and I'm learning a lot from them just by looking at what they are doing and asking questions. This group seems a bit reluctant to make direct suggestions, but rather say things like, "What an interesting way to have done this!" and, upon my questioning, proceed to tell me how they would have done it (easier, smoother....). So I'd advise you to get in touch with other quilters and ASK about your specific (current at the time) problem. My quilter friends have become extremely important to me, more because of the friendship (I've been a loner much of my life, except for DH and the kids) but also because they can bale you out of what ever hole you've fallen into.