Old 04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ah Jan your too humble your work is great. Period. what she forgets to mention is she was a seamstress for 20 yrs so maybe newer to quilting but not to sewing. it helps tremendously.
OMG, I never knew! You're so adventurous with techniques and I thought maybe you were just, well, adventurous. I wish I could get good at sewing clothing and doing alterations and such. Everything I've ever made that was wearable, other than aprons, I've hated. I'm actually pretty good at aprons though. Skinny seam allowances and stretchy fabrics hate me though. I tried to make a larger version of a shirt I loved last spring, and it was all good until I got ready to do the collar. My mother helped me pin it on when she visited, and after she left I sewed it on and it was horrible. I think the whole thing ended up in the garbage.

I've tried to stay away from batiks because of the cost mostly. Every now & then I'll get in the mood where I gotta have something in batiks to make it come out like I want it to though. Speaking of coming out like I want it to, I gotta get cuttin.....