Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Hunnib

I thought you ladies might like to hear what the manufacturer told me but first I have to share my blooper.

I looked up the website of the manufacturer and emailed them a picture of the broken spool of thread like I posted here and explained the whole ordeal. A gentleman emailed me back saying he was perplexed because it didn't look like their thread...well, in my haste I emailed the wrong manufacurer. I emailed Aurifil instead of Aerofil Madiera. He asked for all the information on the spool and as I went to scan it, I noticed my mistake. I apologized and explained to him how I screwed up but he still insisted on sending me a package of "his" thread for me to try with a suggestion that I use it in my quilting from now on, lol!

I emailed the correct manufacurer and they said that they did have a problem with their spools breaking and they were working to correct the problem. They are sending me a 10-peice pack of their thread along with a replacement spool of the color that broke.

I have to tell you though. the rep. with Aurifil was just unbelievably trying his best to make me a happy Aurifil customer. He went out of his way from his promptness in replying to insisting on sending me the thread after I told him repeatedly that it was not necessary because his company was not at fault. How awesome is that!!

GiGi, I tried rewinding the thread onto another spool I had but it got tangled so I gave up. I may try again later...

GladGrams, It wasn't the bobbin...it was the entire spool of thread that broke in half and I'm sure they are having a huge problem. I hope the Nisse stay in Norway. I'm happily sewing again after finding another spool of thread to use on my quilt.