Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Mizkaki

Janis,

Congrats, I knew you could do it.
The timing mark on the needlebar is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches down from the top of the needlebar. It's not down near the needle clamp.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mizkaki told me what needles to get for my Gritzner hand crank. I put the needle in where I thought it should go as I couldn't find the mark on the needle bar. No bad sounds were heard so I proceeded. (could it be covered by the thing that holds the needle to the bar?) Not going to look now, as I filled the shuttle bobbin, guessing how it needed to be done, and figured out how to get the thread through the slots in the shuttle and tried sewing with it. My first stitches came out too tight on the bottom and small. BUT STITCHES ANYWAY!!!!! I figured out how to use a screw on the top of the head to tighten the tension and a screw knob on the right side to lengthen the stitch. Now I get a great stitch and the sound of the machine when I turn the hand crank is just so sweet!!! I have a WORKING machine now, not a toy!! Thanks everyone who had suggestions of how to make it work!