View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
cwessel47

Default New project with too many decisions

I found a pattern recently. I rarely "copy" others - but this one was just too good to ignore, I had to do it! I like minis - A LOT - but this one was just too tiny - 300 pieces in a 12" square just seemed silly to me. So I decided to make it 18" instead. This size is great for my office cube and I change things up every month. Normally, I draw out a piecing diagram and play with colors to see what works. I went crazy with the idea of doing it this time. Just too complicated! After choosing far too many fabrics .. and then narrowing it down to 18 - I just couldn't wrap my head around how it would all work together. I called my daughter in Vermont. She said - Mom, just go for it.
This is paper-pieced. There are 18 wedges of 16 pieces each. I have 15 of them done - tomorrow morning they will all be ready to put together. I am so afraid that I won't like it - my progress has slowed throughout assembly. Only you gals and guys could understand my hesitation here. Hey - if I don't like it - it could be an awesome dishrag. And next time- I will do the drawing first!!!!!