View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Wendys Quilts

Default My son made it into the ES program :)

my son is six years old and just started kindergarten. He has come home several times saying he was bored. We made an appointment to have a conference with his teacher this past December. She told us that she would like to have him tested for gifted. We agreed. We finally had a conference with the physiologist, his teacher, the ES teacher, and another ES teacher. They handed us the paperwork and it said my son scored Significantly Above Average with a score of 153 and was in the 99.98 percentile. (not exactly sure what that means??) He will now be able to go to a gifted class one day a week to be challenged more. Which we are very happy about.

He was able to read a little bit before he started kindergarten. But now his reading level is almost a fourth grade level. And he understand what he is reading, he is passing the tests that they have given him on those books he reads. so, he is comprehending what he is taking in. I dont know if that was any indication of him being gifted, but sure as heck makes me proud a mama

I would love to post this on my Facebook page, but my mom is like, "you might be careful. I might lose some friends if I do". What do you think? Should I post it on FB or not? There are people that post how their kids are doing and awards that they get. Is there any difference with this?

Wendy