View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
petthefabric

Just found this thread. Great idea. Decided yrs ago resolutions don't work. But goals just might. So I've some goals for myself.
1. Determine how I fit into the art world, not traditional quilting, doing art quilting and this opens up the art world
2. Establish myself as an inovative quilt instructor
3. Love myself, my quilting and my friends
4. Admit my health is fragile and take care of my fragile health
5. Be thankful and improve my spiritual life
6. Integrate my life, be kind to myself and enjoy life,
7. Give myself permission to quilt because I want to
8. Finish 2 UFO's (king size needs to be quilted and collage pant and vest)
9. Check my stash before buying new

So a progress report
1. Have joined an art quilt group, am trying to sell at an art studio, will have a one woman show in July and Aug, and will sell again this Oct at Sierra Art Trails-ya all come
2. I'm teaching classes at Sierra Fiber Arts in Fresno, Ca. The store owners are very supportive of my out of the box classes
3. This will be a lifelong goal. I've joined a local group and the art group and try to remember them and enjoy them. I'm a "lion" personality type and truely goal oriented, not people oriented, so caring for others is not my natural bent. But God is a relational being and I want to be more like Him. With His Spirit I will have success.
4. I've grown bored of the PT for my shoulder, but have chosen to take care of myself and finish the process. I've also been more careful with my diet. Now to loose 10 lbs
5. Worken on this
6. Trying to put together a daily schedule, but so far no progress
7. Yes, trying
8. The king size is on the LA, but not further progress. The pant & vest are still in the drawer, maybe after -10#
9. YeH! Doing good here!

Last edited by petthefabric; 04-11-2013 at 12:59 PM.