View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Coloradowest

April, I went off the wagon and bought 4 yards of material. I am still shocked at the prices Walmart now has on material. $8.77 a yard. Plus taxes. Be very thankful for your stashes. I am. What I bought was deer panels to go in the center of quilts. I have material to, I am sure, make each one into a quilt. Usually I only ever have one chance to get this type of material. Check out clerk asked me if I was making quilts with it. She thought it was gorgious. BUT what gets me is the brand/company put thier name on lower corner of the panel. REAL TREE. About 4 inches long. So I will loose the bottom 2 inches of the panel to cut it off. Then on closer looked real tree is printed smaller in the tree branches one place but match colors and does not show up bad. I am so discussed to find that also.

At material prices now it is going to really cost to make a quilt. Us elderly/low income are not going to be buying material at those prices. I know the quilt store material prices are higher. I do not like brands on the material. This one the only animal print I saw. I donot buy dogs or horses. Deer, elk , moose, trout, bear and such. I will have to figure quilt material at replacement costs.

My quilt top I am working on is almost now done. Just the strip acrossed each end. Sorry, I just could not pass up those deer. Couldnot afford it really.