View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 PM
NanaCsews2

You are not a snob. I agree with you100%. I have used enough of those thin fabrics and gone through enough frustration to cause several hairs to go completely grey to also state I'm sticking with the good stuff from now on too. I just completed a little skirt for my GD. It is with licensed fabric with a very popular character. I ended up doubling up on the fabric as it was so thin and see-through I didn't think it would make it through another washing after giving it to her. I used a Northcott fabric with no issues on another layer of the skirt and it is as thick as those 2 layers of the licensed fabric put together. I too bought and used it because she loves the character on it. With the nasty fraying edges I ended up using my serger, a pinking blade, and Fray-Block. We aren't snobs. We know what works for us. Some things aren't worth the frustration.
I do not use starch on any clothing items I make. Even with washing the fabric first, I cannot add anything that may cause an allergic reaction.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 04-11-2013 at 08:20 PM.