Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Yosamitesa

Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
I have a question for all of you that participate in these swaps of Yosamitesa and/or the 10 1/2 inch block swaps. How do you organize all of these? I have a ton of them now and not quite sure what is the best way to keep them organized. I know I will get many wonderful ideas from you.
I get the 12 x 12 "scrapbooking" paper boxes from Michaels. I put them in there. I try to keep themes together like for the 10-1/2" I had my purple swap together, my brown swap together, etc. When I went through my purples to cut for a brick style quilt, I took out the batiks to put with my batik pile (always pull them out) then I pulled out the Halloween cats and put with my holiday sets. As for the 6-1/2" sets, I can fit 2 sets in 1 container. I do them by swap theme. Like I have I-Spy, mom's, dads, etc. I just went through a bunch of them and pulled out a gallon bag full to send to a friend of mine that makes quilts for babies in need. She was SO excited!!! As I go through the I-spys if I recognize one that I've gotten before, I try to find it to pair them up. I keep all of my duplicates together that I can. Until I can get them organized, I put them in a big tote stacked up. Now, the farm one...those I'll be putting in a quilt right away this time!!!