Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Linda-Brat, I sure hope you feel better soon. Man, you sure are right. Getting old isn't for sissies.

Blaze did get paid. They finally put him on the books so if they go belly up at least he'll get unemployment until he finds something else. They paid him with a check and it remains to be seen if it bounces or not.

The honeymoon will only be a couple of days as they both have to go back to work. They hope to take a longer one in January when things slow down and little cruises are cheaper (or so they think).

The wedding: the service was going to be at our parish and, in fact, they sent out invitations with the time and address. SURPRISE! The church was flooded and there are no floors or pews. They offered the parish hall, but the tiles are pulled up there, too. So they had to find another church. They just sent out postcards. Will people get them? Who knows. I called the people from our side to let them know.

The reception is at a hall - Chateau Briand. I have no idea how many people. I think about 100, which is down from 150 that they originally thought would come. Her father is paying for it. When they got engaged you never saw a man move so fast to book a hall. I guess he wasn't going to let this one slip away.

Melissa's dress is gorgeous. However, it will show all of her awful tattoos. Ugh. She is also a little plump. So plump tattoos.

The veil - I was making one with Swarovski crystals to match the blue accents on the dress. Well, you know what happened to the veil. Gone. She is wearing her mother's veil.

My son's friends are taking him to Atlantic City after the rehearsal dinner. It is at least a 3 hour drive. I am not not not happy about this. Not. But I cannot think of all the awful things that can happen or my head will explode.

This week everything I touch is turning to poop and I'm just waiting to see what thrilling surprises the day holds.
Hope everyone has a much better week and day!

And, yes, May is Quilty Chaos month. Crazy Quilts or Wonky Quilts for those who can't cope with crazy.