Old 04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by baywinds View Post
For us newbies, or those of us that love the bags but have never made one, could you post a picture of the inside? Is the inside going to be the muslin? or could it be a coordinating fabric. This sounds like fun.
Yep sure can. A small caveat here, when doing the quilting on the outside, you will need to back it so that the batting isnt sitting on your bobbin area.....think that is bad. So you will use muslin here. Then you will be putting the pocket into the lining. SO....what that means is you will need both lining (coordinating fabric) and muslin....I accounted for this in the supplies list. I did not use muslin btw, I had some loosely woven linen stuff hanging around that is a nasty mess to sew with....I just used that for the backing on the quilting stuff since it was going to be hidden. So feel free to use scraps of whatever you want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407585[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Purse feet? I lose my purse often enough -- I don't need to give one feet! Seriously though, can this be made without the feet? I'm in a rural area and know there's nothing like that around here. I have to drive 25 miles to get a zipper, but thankfully have a few hanging around.

Should the zipper coordinate with the main fabric or the coordinating?
You do not have to have purse feet, I will give instructions in how to insert them....but you dont need to do that.

Also note on my bag, the zipper wasnt quite coordinating, I just happened to have a 7in ivory and 7in grey...ivory looked better... it is on the inside, and your purse, do what makes ya happy!

NEVER let the instructions get in the way of creativity!

do what ever makes you happy, its your purse.

When I finish getting the instructions written (after I start that is) I will post a link here to the downloadable version of the instructions. They will be in PDF format. It will make transferring the file so much easier for all of us, rather than bogging down emails and splitting up files to send.

****QUICK NOTE: if you want the instructions for the Bath mat (februarys retreat project) and/or the french braid table runner (marchs retreat project) then drop me a PM and I will send you the links for them, I went ahead and uploaded those files as well.
Attached Thumbnails img_04481_zps2b5e4d79.jpg