Old 04-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Vanogay

Decided yesterday that today and tomorrow would be a 'personal quilt retreat'. Hubby thought was a great idea. Early this a.m. I went down to sew and clean. FInished month 5 of a mystery quilt and put it back away waiting for the next step. Quilted and got ready for binding a set of placemats I'm using for the scrap swap - will do the handwork tonight. Put the binding on a wall hanger that was finished and waiting - handwork tonight. Cleaned up the room and started a big bag of flannel scraps for a friend who makes cushions for the animal shelter - she didn't come, but it'll be here when she gets this way. Tonight, I'm going back down to put the hem in some little boy britches - the ones I make for the mission field. I thought they were going to Haiti, but the group doesn't want to take the dresses and pants this time, so I'll have a bunch ready for the next trip. Tomorrow, I want to start sewing on the rows of the quilt that's on my design wall. I think I can start putting it together - all the piecing is done, for the most part. I'll have accomplished quite a bit if I can do that. I'll be pleased and really didn't think about food most of the day - was too busy.