Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

And here it is April 12th, and I am wearing a heavy winter ski sweater, turtle neck, thick socks and corduroy jeans!

We've had ice, not snow today. Everything was very crystalline and then this afternoon it started crashing down from my trees and roof. Now with night coming, it's starting to freeze again. I don't think I have had any serious damage ... a few branches down around the yard and in the bush. I seldom lose hydro, but today was one of those days, being out for 3 hours which I expect was from ice weighing down the lines, then probably snapping them.

I'm sure my daffodils are saying, I want to go back down. They're only in shoots, no buds yet, so should survive OK. And guess what? It's supposed to be 18C on Monday ... then back to normal temps of about 10C.

CarrieM
... looks like your new machine is speaking to you to downsize your other hobby! I'm sure you'll still keep your hand in it though, as you want/need things done. Looks like you will have a busy weekend. Hopefully with 3 "assistants", your nephew will be easy care, and the work for you minimal, so you can take care of your back, and keep those migraines under control.

QNSue ... sorry that you had to see snow. I know you will appreciate the rain to bring up the water table. Were the Missouri tornados anywhere near you? I'm thinking not, and that they were in the South of the State? Once again you have proven you have a ♥ of gold!!!!! With all the snow that JanieW still has, your sending spring to her will be a real treat!

DublB ... Ahhh the life of luxury, sleeping late! and then the rest of the day sounds just perfect! Your SBS is a cute quilt. What are your plans for it? Your Brady home is lovely.

JeanieG ... Oh Happy Day, Great Grandmamamamaa!!!!! How sweet and precious Lil Aubree Rene is!

MiraB ... Wheeeeeeeeee!!!! Your PC is done and from the pictures we've seen you have one exceptional LAQ. Imagine, 8 different threads. Can't wait to see the whole thing, and I'll be checking her site all weekend, hoping to see that full on shot!! And even more so, when you get it home and can tell/show us more!! It would be fun for you to get and use that MiraB fabric! So nice that your DS invites you to dinner! Letting your BB quilt simmer on the back burner is not so bad, as the inspiration will come to you without stress. Once you have the raffle quilt done, then will that let you go back to what you want to do? Great news about your retreat plans. Does that include DD going too? ... I'm thinking DH taking the time off, is so that he can be there to look after your dog? I smiled when I saw your heating pad treatment as I do the same! However, the smile was a little twisted, as I was wondering what the temperature is there now? and that I usually stash the heating pad away with warmer times! At the same time, I will confess that I have been known to have my heated car seat turned on (for my back) in the midst of the heat of summer ......... with the air conditioning on at full blast!

Anael .. you are must motoring along with projects! Is your 1st BSR quilt finished thru to the binding now? Hope you're going to keep it for yourself, as a reminder of your 1st! Any Isa and Bram updates for us?

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.