View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
GrandmK

Originally Posted by red-warrior View Post
I do not blame you for being proud of him and it is just the beginning I am sure. I have a grown daughter that was in
the gifted class at school and everyone started calling her "the brain". She actually backed off on grades ,until she got
to college, so she would have more friends and excelled in sports so they would know she was like them.
Gosh Good advice. I wouldn't think of putting it on FB but I guess I have maybe shared to much with friends and family. Just didn't think of the "down side of it so thanks!! Our grandson as aspergers and is 16. At a recent IEP meeting the principal said "so what did you think of his scores on the MAP test or didn't he tell you. I said well he didn't tell us but I bet he did well. He (Grandson) said I guess it was OK. Princiipal said I would say 100% better than anyone in your grade in the US is a little better than not to bad. Our Grandson said No I think it was just this school. Principal said no all the US. I guess they are some kind of test they give everyone?? My husband and I went home just shaking our heads. His mom knew and didn't share with us either!! But............. He has NO common sense like someone on here mentioned. Just hope we can keep him out of trouble!!! If we can he will go far!!