Thread: hand tie this?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 PM
amelia0607

Default hand tie this?

I would like to make this but would do all by hand as sewing machines and I do just not get along (I'm sure it's all my fault). I would use a flannel or chenille for the white top and hand applique the butterflies. I am confident with my abilities in the hand applique area. For the "batting" I would use another piece of flannel with a pink flannel or chenille for the back. I will be fine with the hand tying. BUT, I can't envision the finished piece. Will this look pretty with tying instead of the machine quilting? I just love the machine quilting on this. Would you use variegated embroidery floss in the colors of the butterflies or a solid in either white or the color of the backing? I am so awful at envisioning things.

Oh by the way, this is for my first grandbaby and I want it to be something that will stand up to washing and use.

Any other hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Here is a link to this. You can see the quilting so much better in the link. Thanks so much for your help!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maybematilda/4554081279/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407680[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails butterfly-blanket.jpg  

Last edited by amelia0607; 04-12-2013 at 08:26 PM.