View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
Default The year of finishing UFOs

I have so many UFOs from over the 3 decades I've quilted. This year our guild had their tri-annual quilt show in mid March so I decided to push to finish some of them. Finally.

I may have shared some of these before, when they were just tops. It feels really good to have them completed. It's so strange how ones feeling about a quilt changes after one finishes it. I always love them then!

Jan in VA

These were taken as they hung in the show so the tops look a bit distorted. But they are all very straight.
1. Hearts One Block This is a class sampler, it uses one very simple shape to make the entire quilt. My personal design. It is assembled in rows rather than in blocks. I FMQ this one.
2. Mosaic Stars II This is also a class sample, a personal design. I FMQ this one also. You can't make out the curvy stitches in the borders.
3. Patriot Stars II This quilt was sent to the LA for quilting. It was made of blocks from a guild BOM several years ago. I designed the border to use up some fabric I had that matched the blocks.
4. Sunshine on Water The old paisley border fabric was the color inspiration for my design of this quilt. All the fabrics were pulled from my stash - the picture looks blurred but isn't - and is done in a graded color study of blues and yellow/golds. It felt like sun shining on a mellow creek to me. I FMQ with wavy lines to replicate the movement of the water as it flowed in the creek.
Attached Thumbnails hearts-one-block.jpg   mosaic-stars-ii.jpg   patriot-star-2.jpg   sunshine-water-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Jan in VA; 04-12-2013 at 08:35 PM.