View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Kathy T.

Default New-to-me Singer 66

I’m very excited to be working on my Christmas 2012 gift from a friend. My Singer Class 66 converted treadle was made Aug 11, 1925. It belonged to my friend’s grandmother, then her mother and now me (since no one in her family wanted it and I am a quilter). I received it with all of its original attachments including the manual.

I have been lurking here since Dec and have duly noted lots of valuable websites, video’s and the advice that you have provided to others. All have been extremely valuable and I finally had the confidence to start cleaning the machine. Thank you so much for being so willing to share your expertise!

This is how it looked in the bobbin area when I started and then after I worked at it.

And this was how it was sewing when I got it, halfway thru cleaning and now that I’ve done a good bit in the bobbin area. The top stitch always looked good, but the bobbin stitch was messed up – and now it looks beautiful. I’m so pleased.

Now that the bobbin area is looking better and I didn’t destroy anything, I will continue on to cleaning other parts of the machine.

But first, I have a question about the motor and electrical parts. The motor is a Dayton brand AC-DC motor, 115 volts, 2M033. I have no idea when this treadle was converted, but apparently this model motor is still available. These are photos of the plugs and the foot pedal – should any of them be replaced for safety reasons?
Attached Thumbnails attachs.jpg   emma-1925-model-66.jpg   bobbin-area-before.jpg   bobbin-area-after.jpg   top-stitch.jpg  

bottom-stitch.jpg   motor.jpg   first-plug.jpg   plug.jpg   foot-pedal.jpg