View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:10 AM
Elisabrat

yikes on the booting the cat lucky it wasnt injured ...

I took in a semi feral catwho was pregnant two years ago. She was a super nice super eat you in a heart beat type of cat but I didnt want her babies born outside. She was tiny. She went into labor one evening and had, one, two three four I kept thinking ok she must be done.. she had 8 when we went to the market thinking she was done for sure.. came home to 10 kittens. she wasnt sharing them with us at all and chose a closet in the spare bedroom. fine. gave her a box and rag for them this was tough as she was meaner than a banshee if you got within four feet of them. I used a towl to throw her off dodge dart thing. At four weeks I knew it was time to seperate them as she was now imprinting hating people on them. That was a big challenge removing her bigtime. She went to live as a farm cat at another rescue. Her kittens these tiny four week old snipsels of kittys were hissing and spitting at us something fierce. within a week.. super sweet cuddle bugs. Here is a pic of one of them that had to stay forever with me. His name is King Henry. He is so loving when you talk to him and he is on his climber top.. he just rolls onto his back.. and rightoff the climber.. dorkville.

I bottle fed over 300 baby kittens from the shelters in the silicon valley that I took in. they put them down if they are too small to care for themselves not enough volunteers so they allow rescues to come pick them up and care for them and adopt them out. So often they come in, small as rats almost.. and so hungry. Its a labor of love, every 2 hours in the beginning but when they grow to adoptable age.. its so rewarding. I encourage anyone who has a bit of time to offer assistance at this time of year to rescues. Bottle feeders are always needed and from now til Oct there will be more than can be helped. there is nothing like saving a littleones life AND having the growing babies in your home.

Lost one one day couldnt find it scared me to death.checked every cupboard, shelf under the couch behind the shelves in the closet.. where the heck was Monco?? found him in the fridge he was 6 weeks old and apparently had snuck in the fridge. I felt like mud let me tell you. he was fine but thankfully I had seen he had gone missing. I had no less than 12 at a time and sometimes well tiny tabbies look pretty much the same. lots and lots of litter boxs (five) changed them every 2 hours..never had a stinky house. people would come in to adopt and comment how come your house doesnt smellwith so many kittens? uh cause that would gross me out too! lol. love those baby kittens.