View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:32 AM
DogHouseMom

Default Electric setup on my Spartan - confused

I am electrically challenged.

I just cleaned my ninety-nine cent spartan and cabinet and I was going to pull the motor and plugs out of the cabinet and clean those as well. I'm very confused how the electric is set up on this machine.

The components of my confusion: Motor, knee control, and other weird oblong dohickey.

The motor has two wires. One ends in a standard 2 prong wall plug. The other is split at the end with the ends soldered together.

The knee control has a thick fabric sheathed wire coming out of it and into the R side rear of the weird oblong dohickey.

The weird oblong dohicky has a wire coming out of the R side front that ends in a strange 3 slot outlet box marked with BLK - RED - WHT next to each slot. Another wire from the oblong dohickey comes from the left side and ends in a standard 2 prong wall outlet.

I've attached a schematic of the motor and the other cabinet parts. Note that there is NO connectors between the motor and any other component (got gas ... no accelerator).

I've attached pictures as well.

1) What the heck is the weird oblong dohickey (if for no other reason than to call it something other than a weird oblong dohickey)

2) I'm missing a connection somewhere ... I suspect the leads that are soldered together should be in either the knee control or the weird oblong dohickey.

3) What is the purpose of the plug that has BRW slots?

help!!!!
Attached Thumbnails scan002.jpg   001-motor.jpg   002-knee-lift-pot.jpg   004-weird-plug.jpg  

Last edited by DogHouseMom; 04-14-2013 at 09:36 AM.