View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM
caroloto

We had our quild get together yesterday (04-13-13) for the "Super Fast Jelly-Roll Quilt" This is the one without the slanted end, one of the ladies actually finished her is just 1 1/2 hours. Wow fast sewer there lol yet most of us it took about 3 hours but most of us took a break every now and then. We didn't do the borders just the strips. I just went to my stash as some others also did and cut the strips. We were handed out the pattern when we arrivaled. But were told just to bring the jelly rolls or 2 1/2 strips.

Needed is: 1 Jelly Roll (40 strips - I cut 42 since I remember most Jelly Roll use to be 42), 1st Border is 1/2 yards, 2nd Border 1 1/2 yards, Binding 5/8 yard and Backing 4 1/2 yards to complete the quilt.

You cut off 20" from the first strip after sewing those strips together end to end and don't forget to cut the selvage off on the ends sewn together. You should end up with approxinately 1600" long. Then grab the one end and the other end start sewing them two together with your 1/4' seam. Make sure you put the two right ends together. When you get to the end cut the end then pick up the two end and start to sew them together. so you'll have 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 strips sewn together. Keep repeating until you have 16 strips then your almost done sewing those strips, take the 16 fold in 1/2 cut the center and sew those two together you'll now have 32 rolls and the size will be approx 50" x 64" square it up. 1st border is 2 1/2" and the 2nd Border is 6" your finshed size will be approx 65" x 79".

Hope I explained this well enough?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408114[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sewing-014.jpg