View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
QuiltnMyra

So many years, so many cats, so many wonderful memories. But I guess my favourite is of the one we have at the moment. His name is Shadow and he used to be the local school cat. He was a favourite with the kids, fondly handled, allowed to sleep on the classroom window sill in the sun and my DH and I would bring him home at weekends and school holidays when there was no one at school to feed him and keep him company. Our principal moved on, I retired from the school office and a new era began. First he was banned from the classroom, then his bed was moved down the corridor a room and finally to the very end of the corridor. This was the final insult and he objected very strongly, so revenge was on the agenda. First he would lie in wait for the offender and grab her ankles as she passed, then he thought it might be fun to sick up in the corridor and finally, HE PEE'd IN HER COFFEE CUP. End of story. He now lives with us permanently and enjoys just the kind of lifestyle any cat expects. Sleeps on the bed, helps with the patchwork and quilting (has even been known to create his own patterns?!!), has full time door service - in, out - in, out - in out, and of course, orders his menu according to his taste of the moment.