View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Elisabrat

oooh those are all so pretty. I love the pink one from Jaba and the third one one in from Jvans pile. oops there I go shopping again! oh dear. I heard from my secret partner who was not home to mail due to family trouble and she is sending as soon as she can. I think it was very sweet of her to write me and let me know. I will be shopping with you guys for now

Vanogay that is GORGEOUS...I love it. I wish I could do hand embroidery like that but my eyes get so tired. two years ago I did a little halloween block pumpkins and mice by the light of the fire as the power had gone out and we needed the generator for the fridge.. I look at it now and think darn I couldnt do that by the light of the sun any longer. two years amazing. I love embroidery though growing up I had this adorable hallmark tin little forest critters in each season on each side. My mom had given it to me for my birthday .. filled with embroidery thread. I embroidered everything. 70's you could do a peacock on the back of your jean vest and well it was cool. I did rainbows all over lol and birds and flowers and well I was into it big time. We had to do our work so it looked as good on the back as it did on the front. no running threads. Now my own little girl wants me to sew buttons on her shorts .. embroidery? are you kidding me?? lol new generations I guess. one day I hope she asks before I really cant teach her much. thank goodness for you tube and grand books showing you all the fancy stitches.