View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Elisabrat

I love all cotton fusible batting. I am not great at quilting. freely admit it. stitch in the ditch here I come. I love when you iron the batting between the two layers of top/bottom that it sticks. you get it to stick to the front turn it over iron it down that way turn it again iron it one more time. it holds. no basting. I stitch a row or two press again stitch a row press again and this way no shifting... that is how I do it. bamboo fusible is good too.. I prefer the natural items yes the fusible is probably as unnatural natural as you can get but once its washed its just cotton or bamboo. no sprays nothing bad smelling. that is my pitch. If its just a runner or mug rug I use whatever batting I have. I NEVER use fat batting or wool. fat batting is so puffy. great for simple quilting I think its hard for me to work with. things .. jump?

see neclo I can talk about something other than WHERE IS MY PARTNER????

oh that quilt that is the avatar that was done for quilt for quilters? OMG. this is why I should never have signed up for that swap. I am so not at that level! I did a huge medallion and 12 blocks to go around it. Nothing like that at all .. oh dear... that had to have been the best one traded. congratulations for such beautiful work.