View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
eclecticmama

Default Hello from southwestern Virginia

Hi everyone! I'm excited to get to know this forum and read the wealth of information on here. I come from a long line of very creative and crafty people. It's in my blood! I love to create things. I have made a few small quilts in my lifetime, but want to start making more. I'm hoping to learn all the ins and outs of quilting. I'm getting started by making a very simple quilt for a dear friend who recently lost a newborn baby. I've collected fabrics from our group of friends and plan to make a simple plain block quilt. I also look forward to plans of different quilt projects with my mother. I like to hand applique and hand embroider. I've participated in several group quilts where, although I didn't sew together the final quilt, I've made blocks to contribute to the quilt.

I'm a stay at home mom and have six children ranging in age from 14 years to 19 months. We also homeschool, so they are home with me all day and we are on the go a lot to various activities. I still want to fit time in for quilting.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Last edited by eclecticmama; 04-15-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo