View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM
oldtnquiltinglady

Default Stuck in reverse Viking 64 30

This is my first entry into seeking help on a problem that has me baffled to the max. I bought a Viking 64 30 not too long ago, and couldn't get it to run, so I took it to the local Viking dealer (about a year ago) and he fixed it for me ($120 or so), and I brought it home and set it amongst all my other treasures in my sewing room. I don't think I even tried it out when I got it home; just took for granted that it was "fixed".

Now, I want to give this machine to my cousin, and thinking that I don't want to give her a machine that is not working, I started fiddling with the machine, and can't get it out of reverse sewing. I don't know anything about a Viking. I went into a cyber site to see if I could get a little help; and got more confused than I already am. And oh yes, I do have a printed copy of a manual for it that the Viking people sent me when I first got the machine; but it seems to be for a 6000, or 60 30, and is in black and white, so I can't tell where the turning buttons on the front should be located color-wise. The "A" thingy is the one in the back, and there are 3 or 4 others that could be inserted, if I could figure that out; and I can't figure out how to get it out.

And, no, I don't know how to do pictures; and my son is nowhere to be found today. But the same machine is for sale on ebay for $89 with the auction going off tomorrow. (Or was, two days ago, when I was working with this headache.)

So, can I expect a couple of you to turn in here, and give me a hint or two. I am not a complete dummy when it comes to something like this; but I am beginning to wonder at this point.....