Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 PM
littledentist

Oh it's so nice to hear people out there! I've been working on this for the past 4 hours. I could cry. What concerns me also is the tension dial. No matter what I set it to, after I've been quilting for even a minute or two it just goes to whatever tension it desires on its own. The dial itself doesn't seem loose, but it's got a mind of its own and it is definitely laughing at me. Do sewing machines have personalities?! I swear this one does.

I believe the bobbin is correct, it fits into the machine. I have tried only threading through one of the holes, not two. I'm using a new needle, good thread, and no matter what the upper thread forms a huge mess on the bottom. This has to be operator error, but I have not gotten five good minutes out of this machine all night. I don't want to mess with the bobbin tension bc that I have done all the bobbin tests and that is smooth when I pull on it.

I am going to take a deep breath and try to reevaluate tomorrow. Any other suggestions or prayers, I am listening to you!