View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 AM
margecam52

All machines are different...you can take two identical machines, identical feet, and sew a 1/4" seam...they won't be exactly the same...it's just a fact we live with. It's why once you start sewing on one machine, you don't switch to another.

You quilt will come out perfectly fine, just smaller than intended...so what? Add an extra border all around!

Originally Posted by yweinst View Post
I've been working on a quilt for about a month right now and have almost finished piecing it. Around a week ago I ran into problems decided to take a class to help me trouble shoot and planned on finishing after the class.

After taking the class I learned a lot and discovered some of my largest issues including finding out that my 1/4" seam allowance from my 1/4" presser foot isn't a 1/4" and is too wide.

Now I'm stuck in this situation where I want to make a beautiful quilt and I'm almost done but every seam I'm sewing I know is wrong but if I want to continue with this quilt I have to continue with the wrong seam.

I have two choices I can continue and make this quilt knowing all the mistakes or I can stop go buy new fabric and start all over...

What would you do?

Here is an image of my quilt plus the block I did after learning a lot yesterday...

Thanks for your input.

Yael

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408311[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408312[/ATTACH]