Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM
quiltjoey

I posted these pics on the Vintage thread post but it was suggested I post them here. I hope this is the right place this time...

I bought this Vogue Stitch machine for $12.00 at Goodwill. It was dirty, so cleaned it as best I could. It is not rusted at all on any of the working parts like under the machine or where the needle bar goes into the machine. Didn't have a manual or any extra feet but it does have the power cord and foot pedal. It had a seam ripper and stiletto in the carrying case.
I couldn't get it to sew straight stitches at first but oiled it good and started turning all the dials every which way til I figured out what the dials do! There was no manual with it but a website was suggested for Japanese-badge machines, so downloaded it. It is like the manual shows except the specific dials. I will work with all the dials and make notes so I can remember what they do.
I think it sews a beautiful stitch but it weighs a ton. I think it sews much better than all my newer machines as it is strong and the motor runs quietly. If it had cams, I would use it all the time and still might just for piecing.

Vogue Stitch Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408434[/ATTACH]

Stitches it sews
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408435[/ATTACH]

Implements that were in the case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408436[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails voguestitch.jpg   stitches1.jpg   implements2.jpg